Basic information WS-5 powder
- Product name:WS-5 powder
- Molecular weight:269.38479000
- CAS NO:68489-14-5
- Appearance:White powder
What is WS-5 powder?
Cooling Agent WS-5 Powder [Ethyl 3-(p-menthane-3-carboxamido)acetate], CAS No. 68489-14-5, FEMA 4309. It is the latest in a long line of cooling agents. Each have their own different ways of cooling different areas of the mouth and tongue and to different degrees. It is one of the strongest of all the cooling agents and is derived from menthol, although it is virtually odorless and has no taste. It provides a smooth and well rounded cooling effect and primarily affects the roof of the mouth and the back of the tongue.
The neoisomers of WS-5 and menthyl lactate showed higher cooling potency over the l-isomers. Where the neoisomer did not show higher cooling potency such as with WS-3, blending of the two isomers may still be advantageous in providing a better in-use experience, such as was demonstrated with the G-180 and neo-G-180 blend, wherein the negative sensory effects from using G-180 alone was modulated by the neoisomer. The neo-derivatives of menthyl lactate showed surprising cooling power. In particular, neo-menthyl lactate (2S) and neo-menthyl lactate acetate [(1S,2S,5R)-2-isopropyl-5-methylcyclohexyl-2(S)-acetoxypropanoate] provided very strong initial cooling as well as over the 60 minute time period, compared to l-menthyl lactate.
Benefits of WS-5 powder
- Daily use products: Toothpaste, oral products, Air Freshener, skin cream, shaving cream, shampoo, sunscreen, shower cream.
- Food products: Confectionery products, chocolate, dairy produce, beer, distilled spirit, beverage,chewing Gum.
- Medicine: Linctus, diminish inflammation ointment, dyspepsia, antipruritic, liniment, oral cavityacesodyne, heatstroke pill.
- Others: Cigarette, filter tip and other tobacco, it also can be used for driving insects.
Why choose us?
Quality oriented, TQM system.
Expert & Professional team.
Comprehensive Lab Test machines.
Free samples for evaluation.
Packing & Storage
Pack in paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside. Net Weight: 25kgs/paper-drum.
1kg-5kgs plastic bag inside with aluminum foil bag outside. Net Weight: 20kgs-25kgs/paper-drum.
Store in a well-closed container away from moisture and light.
2 years if sealed and store away from direct sun light.